The Importance of Photothermal Therapy
Traditional tumor treatment methods such as chemotherapy have certain limitations, so the treatment effect is often not ideal. As a new type of treatment method, nano-material-based tumor photothermal therapy technology has gradually attracted widespread attention for its minimally invasive, high-efficiency, low side effects and ability to inhibit tumor metastasis. Tumor photothermal therapy is generally used in conjunction with chemotherapy, radiotherapy and immunotherapy.
Accelerate Research and Practice of Graphene in Photothermal Therapy
Graphene nanoparticles have strong absorption capacity for lasers in the ultraviolet to near-infrared region, and have a strong photothermal effect. Therefore, they have also attracted the attention of many researchers in the field of tumor photothermal therapy. Studies have found that the absorption capacity of nano-sized reduced graphene oxide for near-infrared light is 6 times higher than that of unreduced graphene, which can achieve a smaller dose of photothermal treatment. Researchers can also achieve the multifunctional application or collaborative treatment of graphene nanoparticles for tumor diagnosis and treatment by surface modification of graphene and other means.
Figure 1. (a) Schematic illustration of the formation of PEG-rGO-GSPs through an emulsion-based self-assembly method. (b) NIR light-triggered acoustic and thermal theranostics based on PEG-rGO-GSPs with dualenhanced photothermal conversion properties arising from the plasmonic coupling of adjacent GNPs and the interaction of GSPs with rGO. (Lin L. S, et al. 2016)
Alfa Chemistry has launched application guidelines containing technical methods and product information for graphene-based photothermal therapy. Alfa Chemistry not only provides a variety of graphene products suitable for photothermal therapy research, but also provides various graphene functionalization technology to produce customized graphene for photothermal therapy. All of these are of great significance to the development of scientific research, clinical applications and cancer treatment.
What Can We Do?
- We can provide a variety of graphene materials for photothermal therapy.
- We offer custom services to develop graphene products for photothermal therapy.
- We can solve the problems faced by graphene in photothermal therapy and reach cooperation according to specific needs.
Alfa Chemistry Solutions for Photothermal Therapy
Technology and Instrument Platform
Drug conjugation, biodegradable nanoparticles/micelles, graphene modification, graphene quantum dots modification and other technologies.
SEM,TEM, AFM, XPS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, EDS, Raman spectroscopy,and other detection platforms.
- Yang K, et al. (2010). “Graphene in Mice: Ultrahigh In Vivo Tumor Uptake and Efficient Photothermal Therapy.” Nano Lett. 10(9), 3318-3323.
- Lin L. S, et al. (2016). “Dual-enhanced Photothermal Conversion Properties of Reduced Graphene Oxide-coated Gold Superparticles for Light-triggered Acoustic and Thermal Theranostics.” Nanoscale. 8, 2116-2122.