The Importance of Conductive Agent for Batteries
As an important energy storage device, lithium-ion batteries have developed rapidly in recent years. The ultimate performance of the current commercial lithium-ion battery system mainly comes from the conductivity, especially the insufficient conductivity of the cathode material, which directly limits the activity of the electrochemical reaction. It is necessary to add a suitable conductive agent to improve the conductivity of the material, provide a fast channel for electron transmission, and ensure that the active material is fully utilized. Conductive agent is an indispensable material in lithium ion batteries.
Accelerate Research and Practice of Graphene Conductive Agent
Currently used conductive carbon materials such as conductive graphite and carbon black are composed of highly stacked carbon layers making only the outermost layer contact the active material and play a conductive role. The graphene material with ultra-thin properties can greatly improve the use efficiency of conductive agents, and just a small amount is enough to build an efficient conductive network. Its excellent properties make it suitable for battery production.
Figure 1. (a)The Super-P used as conductive agents in lithium-ion battery, (b)The Super-P and flake graphene compounds were used as the conductive agents in lithium-ion battery. (Chen H. W, et al. 2018)
Figure 2. Improved electrochemical performance of Li4Ti5O12 with a variable amount of graphene as a conductive agent for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries by solvothermal method.
Based on the application requirements of graphene in batteries, Alfa Chemistry solves the problems faced by graphene in batteries for different battery systems. We have developed graphene conductive additives, including water-based conductive agents and oil-based conductive agents. Based on different graphene types, the concentration and conductivity of the obtained conductive agent are different. We can independently develop and design a complete graphene production line, including the exfoliation of graphite raw materials, obtaining highly conductive graphene materials, and completing the preparation of graphene conductive agents.
What Can We Do?
- We provide a variety of graphene conductive agents according to the application requirements of graphene in batteries.
- We select suitable graphene materials and preparation process development production lines according to the requirements of production scale and material performance.
- After completing a full set of production line construction, comprehensive training can be provided to the operators.
Alfa Chemistry Solutions for Graphene Conductive Agent
Technology and Instrument Platform
Graphene modification, graphene quantum dot modification, graphene transfer, micromechanical exfoliation, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), epitaxial growth technology and other technologies.
SEM, TEM, AFM, XPS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, EDS, Raman spectroscopy, and other detection platforms.
- Chen H. W, et al. (2018). "Nanostructured Nb2O5 Cathode for High-performance Lithium-ion Battery with Super-P and Graphene Compound Conductive Agents." Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. 827, 112-119.
- Rai A. K, et al. (2012). "Improved electrochemical performance of Li4Ti5O12 with a variable amount of graphene as a conductive agent for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries by solvothermal method." Materials Chemistry and Physics. 136(2-3), 10441051.