The Importance of Biosensing
With the rapid increase of the global population and human life expectancy, the medical system is facing increasing costs and burdens. By regularly or continuously tracking key signs and biomarkers, the health monitoring system can comprehensively assess the health status, which can significantly reduce the burden on the medical system and improve the quality of life. As an important part of the health monitoring system and the human body interface, biosensors can detect and measure various signals or analytes with high specificity and sensitivity.
Accelerate Research and Practice of Graphene in Biosensing
Graphene is expected to be the development of wearable sensors and implantable devices in health monitoring due to its extraordinary multiple characteristics. Various multifunctional sensors have been developed that benefited from graphene's diversified properties.
The advantages of graphene for sensors are as follows:
Many graphene and its derivatives have been studied, including graphene oxide, reduced graphene oxide, and graphene composite-based sensors for human health monitoring. For example, electrochemical biosensors based on rGO electrodes can detect DNA, glucose, dopamine, ascorbic acid and other biological molecules. Biosensors based on field effect transistors are mainly made of graphene films synthesized by CVD and mechanically exfoliated graphene sheets with excellent electrical properties.
Figure 1. FET biosensor based on CVD graphene. (Kwak Y.H, et al. 2012)
Alfa Chemistry focuses on the research and development of graphene products. Alfa Chemistry has a variety of products suitable for the preparation and research of biosensors. Alfa Chemistry also has graphene functionalization technology and graphene transfer technology, which can produce customized graphene suitable for biosensing. All of these are of great significance for scientific research, clinical applications and the development of cancer treatments.
What Can We Do?
We have accumulated research strength over the years in the field of graphene production and application.
- We provide a variety of graphene materials suitable for biosensing.
- We provide graphene functionalization services and CVD graphene transfer services for biosensor research according to customers' requirements.
- We have the ability to cooperate with downstream customers to jointly develop biosensing products and devices using graphene. And we can also independently complete custom projects accordingly.
Alfa Chemistry Solutions for Biosensing
Technology and Instrument Platform
Graphene modification, graphene transfer and other and other technologies.
SEM,TEM, AFM, Raman spectroscopy, XPS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, EDS and other detection platforms.
- Huang H, et al. (2019). “Graphene-based Sensors for Human Health Monitoring.” Frontiers in Chemistry. 7, 399.
- Kuila T, et al. (2011). “Recent Advances in Graphene-based Biosensors.” Biosens Bioelectron. 26(12), 4637-48.