The Importance of Drug and Gene Delivery
Due to its poor water solubility, non-specific delivery and severe side effects, chemotherapy drugs have many limitations in fighting cancer clinically. On the other hand, gene therapy has also been widely explored as another option for cancer treatment, but the lack of safe, selective and effective gene delivery vectors hinders the further clinical application of gene therapy. Recently, various nanomaterial-based drug and gene delivery systems have been intensively studied and proved to be promising in cancer treatment.
Accelerate Research and Practice of Graphene in Drug and Gene Delivery
Graphene is considered a carrier molecule in drug delivery research. Polymer modification and conjugation strategies can also enhance in vivo biocompatibility and circulation time. In recent years, some studies have been conducted on the delivery of anticancer drugs, genes and peptides through garphene derivatives.
Figure 1. Schematic of functionalized nano-graphene for loading of small therapeutic molecules including DOX, SN38and Ce6. (Yang K, et al. 2015)
Graphene derivatives can be used as promising carriers with high gene packing density.Graphene derivatives need to be modified by polymers to cationize the surface and interact with anionic genes. It is generally believed that polyethyleneimine (PEI), PEG and poly4-styrene sulfonate (PSS) can be used for gene delivery through graphene derivatives.
Figure 2. Photothermally enhanced gene transfection. (Feng L, et al. 2013)
Alfa Chemistry have launched application guidelines for graphene-based drug delivery, targeted delivery and gene transfection. This guide contains graphene-based drug or gene delivery systems written by industry experts and provides corresponding technical methods and product information. Through the use of drug conjugation, graphene modification, responsive drug delivery systems and other technologies, it provides more solutions for the transportation of small molecule drugs, nucleic acids and protein drugs.
What Can We Do?
- We can provide customers with a variety of graphene materials and graphene modified products for drug and gene delivery.
- We combine the characteristics of graphene and downstream applications to customize specific graphene modified materials.
- We customize design solutions for the needs of downstream customers
Alfa Chemistry Solutions for Drug and Gene Delivery
Technology and Instrument Platform
Drug conjugation, biodegradable nanoparticles/micelles, graphene modification, responsive drug delivery system and other technologies.
SEM,TEM, AFM, Raman spectroscopy, XPS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, EDS and other detection platforms.
- Yang K, et al. (2015). “The Advancing Uses of Nano-graphene in Drug Delivery.” Expert Opinion Drug Delivery . 12(4), 601-612.
- Feng L, et al. (2013). “Polyethylene Glycol and Polyethylenimine Dual-functionalized Nano-graphene Oxide for Photothermally Enhanced Gene Delivery.” Small. 9, 1989-1997.